Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Why Worry?

Yesterday morning the big guy was listening to a sermon series, which you are about to watch as well, and as I was over hearing the message it got the wheels in my brain turning.

Do you know what has been the one thing in my adult life that has ALWAYS held me back from having a one-on-one, intimate relationship with God?

Before I tell you, let me give you the a brief overview of the long season in which I lived before Christ.

Maybe you will see the underlining issue for yourself.

Independence
worry.
Opportunity
worry.
Beauty
worry.
Friends
worry.
Money
worry.
School
worry.
Men
worry.
Jobs
worry.
Love
worry.
Grades
worry.
Social Status
worry.
Sex
worry.
Bills
worry.
Food
worry.
Health
worry.
Depression
worry.
Competition
worry.

Worry swallowed me whole. There was no light in the world I had created for myself; me being in charge of me. The only thing that kept me going day-to-day was the worry and fear of failure. And when I finally came to the place of standing alone, with nothing to show for my actions, did I finally fall on my knees to the One who never intended for me to worry in the first place.





25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 
Matthew 6:25-26

1 comment:

choose to be happy blog said...

oh my gosh!!! andy stanley!! do you live in Atlanta?? i go to Buckhead church!! LOVE, LOVE it!