Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sit with Him.

I have come here to write many times; writing some, posting for a moment and saving it back to a draft. I read my last post and smile, quickly to come back to the feeling of disconnect. I figure that blueberry bread pudding is nicer to read about then the dry moments I find myself in. And with that said I then laugh at how ignorant I am to keep the dry, empty-disconnect from those that have, have-had, or have-not experienced the same; to deny my truth to others when the journey becomes unsatisfying is ultimately a disservice to God, myself, and you.

 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,”
   declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
   come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
   without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
   so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
   It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
   and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
12 You will go out in joy
   and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
   will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
   will clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the juniper,
   and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD’s renown,
   for an everlasting sign,
   that will endure forever.”
Isaiah 55:8-13


My thoughts and ways are what sustain fruitless days and nights. I easily get caught up in one or another and find that days have past since I have sat in His word; His ways are higher. My bones become decrepit and I find the desire to just be. And yet I know that when I stop my pursuit and when I turn to what is easy, that I lose the moments of opportunity to prosper in His light and Truth.

Yesterday, while gathering with women of the same, I was reeled back to the water that flows and gives life. We spoke His word and expounded on the meaning behind it. I prayed alone, repenting for the lack of effort I had given to the only one relationship that matters.

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

1 The king rejoices in your strength, LORD.
   How great is his joy in the victories you give!
Psalms 21:1

13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to us all. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

While there are seasons when I pray that God will sustain me from temptation (any and all things that lead me away from Christ; No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to us all. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.) forever, I quickly begin to rejoice for those times when I am brought to the depth, if only momentarily, because when I have had all that I can bear, He takes my face in His hands, bringing my eyes back to meet His.

I do not cower or dwell in regret for the moments in my life when doing nothing seems better then doing something. I don't intentionally decided to sit rather then run, I just know that I can't run forever and sitting finds its way for me. It's when the sitting without Him begins to turn light into a cloudy gray that disables site.

My days are blessed by the big and small, and if only filled with the small, I need not discourage for the lack of size, but give praise for what is. I have learned that through the days of small He can be seen like never before; in new light, with new meaning. Which is all the more reason to never be, sitting alone, but to seek daily for what He gives freely. Because even while sitting, His words can be magnified to great heights and my relationship can then further in depth and understanding. 

Lord,

Be with me as I sit. 
Let Your word pour out like honey keeping the light in site.
Give me the strength to take up the cross daily, sure to stay on Your path.
Thank You for Your grace.

Amen.

No comments: