Thursday, May 17, 2012

Free.

Early this morning I sat with a woman who was once bound by religion. By the grace of God she is now free. We had briefly met some time ago, a quick hello, how are you introduction, easy to forget. 

Today we spoke as though previous memories had been made; words of rich comfort and ease. Freedom.

She held my baby, singing songs I had not heard since I sat on my grandmas lap. My heart felt full, His holiness was surrounding the place where we were. There was freedom to be whole with one another, talking of differences, likeness, and above all, Him.

She asked about my story, which I told with delight. We exchanged the common ground we both knew from the past, quickly rejoicing in the freedom of now, the freedom that brings peace, unexplainable for words. 

Moments like today fuel my living for tomorrow. Bringing hope that others will be brought from the dark into the light. There is reason for the body, bringing continued awareness of Him. 

She left with a hug that didn't last long enough.  

We need to get together again soon, she said. 

Leaning in close for one last word, Why is it that whenever us folk get together we only want to talk about God? 

I smiled. 

Because we're free and it's the best thing to talk about!

Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, his blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we're a free people—free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free! Ephesians 1:7 The Message 



No comments: