Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A new spirit of thanksgiving.

It is the day before we give thanks.

Overwhelmed by the blessings God has poured out into my life, every minute of each moment is declared Thanksgiving. The profound understanding of my deliverance puts me on my face before a God that is mighty, powerful, and all glorious. The love that He demonstrated on the cross, through His Son Jesus Christ, leaves me speechless; forever thankful, forever submitted to His will.

With tasks to be done and pies to be baked, my thoughts have only been on thanking Him. I cleaned what I could, and put the babe down to sleep, coming to His Word I took a deep breath and began to seek.

What does it mean to give thanks?
What does word really mean?
I opened The Bible, looking up the word thank.

Thank, Thanking (v) to express gratitude to; to acknowledge God's goodness.
Ps 35:18
Ps 79:13
Ps 145:10
Isa 12:4
1 Chor 10:30
Phil 4:6
1 Thes 2:13
1 Thes 3:9

Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Thankful (adj) conscious of benefit received; expressive of thanks.
Col 3:15
Col 3:16
1Thes 5:18
Heb 12:28

Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.

Thankfulness (n) the quality or state of being thankful.
Col 2:7

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

Thanks (n) Kindly or grateful thoughts; gratitude.
1 Chr 16:4
Ps 30:12
Ps 107:1
Rom 1:21
1 Cor 11:24
Phil 1:3
1 Tim 2:1
1Tim 4:3
Rev 4.9

that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!

Thanksgiving (n) a prayer expressing gratitude; a public acknowledgment or celebration of God's goodness.
Ps 26:7
Ps 28:7
Ps 100:4
Isa 51:3

Psalm 100
A psalm of thanksgiving.

Shout with joy to the LORD, all the earth!
Worship the LORD with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy.
Acknowledge that the LORD is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 
Enter his gates with thanksgiving; 
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each 
generation. 

Lord God, 

You took me through Your Word, discovering a new spirit of thanksgiving. How loving you are to put all focus on You, the giver of what I am thankful for. I will rejoice and sing praise of the victory made in Jesus, putting death in its grave, I give thanks for that day. I love You and thank You for all that You have done, and all that You promise to do. 

In Your Beauitful, Holy and Mighty name I pray.

Amen.

No comments: