Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Are you ready?

My most recent conviction has been in regards to His coming again. Fixated on the Word and all that it has to say about that Glorious Day. And I assure you, it will be Glorious!

As we went around the room the question was answered--Why are you here? 

Some were starving, others in need of questions answered.

I am here to learn all that I can about the character and nature of God. To fully prepare myself for the Glorious Day of His return.
And after me, the question continued to be answered by others.

In five minutes it could happen. Are you ready?

Throughout the Christmas holiday I continually came nose-to-nose with my lack of anticipation for that day of Glory.  And then, as He so beautifully does--opening His word anew, He brought me to a place of urgency. He brought me to a place of eager anticipation for His return. In five minutes it could happen, and He would make certain that I was ready.

Today was the beginning of a new bible study on the book of Hebrews. Have you read it?

A week ago today I opened the book to find little to no markings. Turning to the first verse of the first chapter I read. Slowly. The shock of what I read came as a surprise. How had I never sunk my fingers into such rich Truth? While some verses rang out as familiar, I began to re-read the words--drinking in the sufficiency of His blood.

The months ahead will prove to be a time of endurance and True surrender--a time of being taught. Giving way to the Surgeons scalpel and allowing for Him to cut through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying me open to listen and obey.

Keeping my eyes on Jesus, the One who both began and finished this race I am in. I will study how He did it. Because He never lost sight of where He was headed--that exhilarating finish in and with God. 

No comments: