Sunday, January 20, 2013

To balance.

I feel like I should talk about something that shines, makes you chuckle, or reminds you of chocolate in order to balance out the doom and gloom of the previous posts.

Truth of the matter is, I think overcoming darkness in Christ is about as shiny and delicious as it comes. Plus, who doesn't laugh at cows making guest appearances? Even God has a sense of humor. Right?

So then I got to reading. And do you know what is bright and happy, well, besides the story leading up to it? The promise God made with Noah--the sign He left as a reminder--a rainbow.

Or didn't you know that there was no pot of gold on the other side?

I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Genesis 9:13

Two weeks ago we pulled into our driveway. Surrounded by clear blue sky's a ban of color caught my eye. There was one tiny loan cloud floating through the air. It was wrapped in a rainbow, no particular reason why, just there--reminding.

The sovereignty of a just God is seen in a rainbow.

Have a blessed day!  


No comments: