Saturday, June 25, 2011

Soon.

My tiny,

You and I have been friends for 6 months now. Who knew that such friendship could be produced in such little time? Wherever I go, you go to. If there ever is a doubt that you're really in there, you are quick to remind me with one of your acrobatic moves that turns my tummy into waves.

In the mornings when you wake-up I lay in bed and watch your dances. My talk is of you to God and how blessed I am to have you. I ask for His love to engulf your tiny soul, that you may be born into this world knowing you are loved by Him above all. While my praise is abundant and never ending, I pray that our time together now is safe and joyous. That you will continue to grow; developing will all 10 toes and all 10 fingers, with eyes that see and ears that hear. That your tiny heart will beat to His sweet melody; strong and rhythmic like intended. As your mama I will protect and keep you for all the days allowed.

Everyone asks how you are, especially the dad. When he comes home from work he asks, How's the baby? and then, How's the mama? Taking us into his arms and holding us tight. Soon he will be able to hold you alone and ask you himself. I imagine your tiny hands on his face, smiling; innocent and fearless because you know that in his arms you are safe with no need to worry or stumble on the troubles of this life.

Stay inside as long need be, but know, we are all anticipating the day you come and change our lives forever. Remember that you were loved from the very moment we found out you were coming. Everyday is one less day of waiting.

Soon I will kiss your cheeks endlessly and give you tiny squeezes of love.

I will love you until the end of forever.

...the mama

6 comments:

starnes family said...

I didn't even realize! How exciting. Enjoy every well deserved moment of joy.

Miranda said...

This is the sweetest letter! Congratulations on this precious gift. :) I'm sure that little one is feeling so very loved already!

Carly said...

very sweet letter...i know she'll treasure it!

s|davis said...

wow shows you how out of the loop I am. Congrats lovely lady. :)

Jessica Ruud said...

Congrats! Wonderful.

The Southland Life said...

WOW! CONGRATS!!! That is such exciting news!