Thursday, June 23, 2011

Serve Him.

Today will be the 4th day of serving in His name.

In less than 72 hours I have seen people give fully of all that they have, and those that give all of what little they have.

The first 2 days I was able to work side-by-side with the big guy. From beginning to end I watched. I watched his love pour out to a group of people who took fast to his words and trusted the direction he gave. I witnessed a man who was filled with the Spirit; being led to give fully, of all that he had. Being gentle to the soft-spoken, silly with the young, and loving to those receiving. The big guy has been given the spiritual gift of leading; watching his gift be unwrapped was a gift in and of itself.

Throughout the week people have responded to our outreach with praise and joy. Remarking of the good; what good people we all are. It brings me to the word, where good it truly explained.

17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”     

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.  Mark 17-18

The joy of knowing that my love from God is not measured by good works, makes serving Him become an act of love and desire that I wish to do daily; not because I feel I have to do it, but because I know I want to.

As the week is nearing its end, we begin a new day; not focusing on the end, but rather the minutes we have now, that can be spent honoring those He has called us to serve. And as the door closes on this task, another will open, and my days of serving Him will continue.

Lord God,

Your goodness overflows to those in need. I thank You for the strength and courage to step-out in Your name, serving a people who yet to know Your name. I ask that Your guiding hand be with those who have been given this opportunity to show where True love, joy and grace come from; You.

I praise Your name.



Amen.

1 comment:

G. HUBBARD said...

our free SPREAD THE WORD TALK WITH THE LORD inspires daily talks catch they need your help with first question our blogs help g hubbard po box 2232 ponte vedra fl 32004 http://talkwiththelord.blogspot.com/