Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Peaches.

I spent the first half of her nap peeling and slicing peaches. A half a bushel in fact. Tomorrow, this same time I'll complete the other half. I ate more then I should have, but a delicate-juice-dripping-peach cannot go uneaten.

It was therapeutic. The peeling and slicing. And alas, the tasting.

I opted out of playing music because there was already a song repeating quietly in my mind.

As I peeled and sliced the words bubbled up and entered into prayer.

With less talking and more listening I simply asked for my heart to be changed.

Change my heart oh God
Make it ever true

Walking in His Spirit leads to fruit; peaches perhaps.

The issues of my heart no longer comes from a lack of faith, because I know He lives. It's me, getting in the way of Him. It's me letting my pride and selfish desires get in the way of His work in me.

You are the Potter
I am the clay

Peeling and slicing. Listening.

Mold me and make me
This is what I pray

The words of the song switch to the words of His teachings.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Taking a peach in hand I quickly find that the fruit below skin has gone bad. Having been harvested from its branch, the fruit remains good for eating only a little while. Much like me, if I part from Him I can do nothing; I slowly spoil from the inside out. My actions, words, and thoughts become distorted and of no good.

Change my heart oh God
Make it ever true
Change my heart oh God
May I be like You 

How sweet a treat the peaches are. Yet, how much more a treat to know and understand that if I remain in Him my fruit will be all the more sweeter. His grace has no bounds.

My precious Lord and Savior,

I pray that my heart be changed. That each day you will mold me and make me in Your image. To walk in the Spirit daily, producing sweet fruit.

Thank you for peaches. Today they have brought nourishment to body, mind, and spirit.  

Amen.  

No comments: